Friday, June 13, 2008

:::::::yawn:::::::: part 2

As my day progresses and my headache grows (thank you very much, lack of sleep @@), I had a thought. I remember hearing once on the news about how sleep deprivation and interruption of sleep is used as a torture method. Waking someone briefly every 2-3-4 hours can evidently really mess with their heads. I'm trying to remember a time when my girls might have been out of my sight long enough to get their training from the CIA. I haven't had more than 6 hours in a stretch in over 4 years now, LMAO!!!! It really only gets to me when I have nights like last night, where the TOTAL from getting into bed to waking in the morning is about 5 hours, not taking into consideration middle of the night requests for water or potty or snuggles or nursies or "HOLD you, Mommy!". Those can actually be pretty sweet.

I wonder what the chances are of me getting them to bed by about 8:00? (she types as she laughs hysterically in her mind because laughing hysterically out loud would hurt her brain). I love summer, really, I do, but nights like this make the 8:00 sunlight really tick me off, LMAO! My girls can NOT be convinced that it is bedtime if "the sun is still awake, Mommy. We go to sleep AFTER the sun goes to sleep, REMEMBER?!?!?".

2 comments:

binx520 said...

(((((((((((((((juli)))))))))))))))))) Hope you got some sleep! Z is the exact same way about the sun. If it is up he is up! @@

lovingzachandtaylor said...

Oh Juli, I feel your pain. I truly do!! Taylor was the same way. She is getting better, but STILL gets up at night most nights. It took us until she was about 3 1/2 to get her to sleep through the night just one time. I thought I was going to have a breakdown, I truly did. I was SO tired, and sick all the time from it. Hang in there. Maybe since it's summer you could find a mother's helper to entertain them for a few hours in teh afternoon so you could nap?