Friday, June 27, 2008

Hasta la Vista, Baby!

Well, we're off. Driving to the beach today, we plan to leave in about an hour and a half. Of course, I'm the only one up at this Godforsaken hour of 6:30 AM. We are NOT early risers these days in the castle. My girls are notoriously anti-road trip. They love the destination, but most assuredly do NOT love the drive. And have no qualms making that known loudly every five to ten minutes. Anyone in southeast Texas, southern Louisiana, and the tips of Mississippi and Alabama? You might just hear us screaming through if you listen closely. I have lots of tricks up my sleeve today, though. I have three movies they've been BEGGING to watch, and Prince Charming is hitting Blockbuster for another one on the way out of town, I have little notebooks and pens (pens are usually not encouraged here, as my girls think EVERYTHING looks better with their handiwork on it :X), fruit roll ups, and a cool little plug-in game that they can play on the dvd player in the car. That ought to last us until we hit..... Louisiana. @@. SO, I also have the Queen Mother who will be waiting in Alabama with wine :)

Not sure if we'll have net access there or not, we're really hoping we do, but if we don't have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

Have a great time!

beki said...

Ah, sounds like fun :-)

binx520 said...

Hope it is great!

lovingzachandtaylor said...

Have fun!! The drive is exactly why we haven't been to the ocean yet :)