Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Desperate times call for desperate measures

So the Hurricane bites her nails. Religiously! Like all the dang time. And saying "don't bite your nails!" generally either makes her yell "NO! I bite-a my fingies NOW!" or start biting her toenails (all together now.... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW). Any ideas on how to help her stop? HRH bit hers for a while, and all it took was her getting a piece of a fingernail stuck in her throat for a little while to stop. She'd cry and pretend to gag and say "it's CHOKING me!!" while I sat there and said "gee, I guess you won't bite your nails anymore, now will you?". :X And the Mother-of-the-Year award goes to ..... me! I know, it's evil, but I despise fingernail biting. I used to do it, I'm reformed. Must be why I'm so militant about it. PLEASE give any tips! I'm begging you!

HRH has one of her random fevers. She's famous for them. She'll be totally fine, insist she feels good, and then you notice when she climbs in your lap that she's burning up and when you check, you find that she has 102.5 fever. No symptoms. She gets this from her daddy, he's the same way. We were at the lakehouse last night, swimming in the pool, when she said "Mommy, I'm really cold!" The pool wasn't all that cold, I mean, this IS Houston, right? She was burning up! Well, nowhere near her own personal record of 105.7, but at a respectable 103.2. So needless to say, she and I didn't get much sleep last night. :(

Prince Charming got a phone call right after we got back home (we spent the night out at the lake) from a friend and former flight student who has a float plane. He was invited to go fly the float plane for a while with said friend. So, the two of them set off, giddy as schoolboys at the prospect of scaring the crap out of boaters and skiiers on Lake Conroe while delighting small children and grown men with the hearts of small children out on the water today :) Float planes make me nervous, though. I'm glad he called just now and said he's on his way home :)

Made pork chops with apples and cinnamon and butter in the crock pot yesterday. SO yummy!!!! And SOOOOO easy!

4 comments:

Regi S. said...

If you end up trying the disgusting flavored No Bite stuff let me know. I have to get Ky's thumb out of her mouth !

Jennifer said...

will you please post that pork chop and apple recipe. Sounds yummy!

SuperMom said...

is a float plane on eof those diving and twisting kind of planes? They had an air show in Watercolor with several of those planes, and I was terrified for the pilots. I hate flying....I don't see how you aren't in constant fear for David's life!!!

SuperMom said...

is a float plane on eof those diving and twisting kind of planes? They had an air show in Watercolor with several of those planes, and I was terrified for the pilots. I hate flying....I don't see how you aren't in constant fear for David's life!!!