Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Pork Chops and Apples a la Dianne

My friend Dianne makes these, and they are SOOOOOO yummy. Yeah, it may sound more like a fall-ish dish, but trust me when I say that they certainly taste fabulous on a 95 degree day in the Houston suburbs, lol!!!! Here you go, Jennifer :)

Spray crock pot with Pam or the like (I use the cheap WalMart Great Value brand, lol). Layer think boneless pork chops, then peeled, sliced apples, then cinnamon, then butter pats (if you're making a lot, you can do two layers of each, that's what I did b/c I was feeding 4 adults and 2 kids). Cook on low all day (I put them in around 10 and we ate around 6). I served with brown rice, fresh bread, and baked sweet potatoes. Super yummy. I baked the sweet potatoes a little different than I usually do (this is how I do regular baking potatoes, SO yummy). Wash skins, then prick with fork. Rub oil on skins (I just use canola), then sprinkle pretty heavily with kosher salt (coarse). Bake directly on the oven rack at 400 for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Make sure before you do this that you line the bottom rack with foil to catch any drips, b/c they will smoke you out of your house the next time you turn the oven on. (Voice of experience speaking here).

3 comments:

MommyTime said...

mmm...sounds delicious! So nice to see you around my place too. Thanks for the nice comments.

SuperMom said...

love this idea!

Regi S. said...

Dianne's been holding out on us !