Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lettuce Edges!!!

So I've been wanting to try to use the serger to make some lettuce edge exposed seam knit dresses, but I've been putting it off. I finally found some darling knit at Hobby Lobby and decided to just bite the bullet and go for it. Those who know me well know that I don't sew from a pattern. I just can't be confined like that, lol. So, HRH's dress took a little longer than I expected, as I was kind of making it up as I went along. Still, I think it turned out pretty adorable :) The Hurricane's took NO time at all. That knit gathers so easily just by setting my stitch length long and turning my tension to a 9. It's awesome! I'm having such a blast making these little dresses for my girls. I'm about to take the plunge and try to make something for myself. I bought some material to try to make a cute top, but I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to make it yet, lol.



And the novelty of the new dress wore off after about an hour and HRH decided this was the preferred outfit of the day:

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! May you spend the day doing whatever makes your heart happy :)
Flo, I'm cutting into a tiered twirly skirt today during the Hurricane's nap :) :) :) Depending on how long she sleeps, I may be able to post pics tonight or tomorrow morning.

No comments: