Friday, August 8, 2008

Future Ina Gartens

Ok, ok, maybe more like Sandra Lee, lol..... we like to take shortcuts! Lara and her supersweet boyfriend Jeff walked me through how to make this as this was our first time. I'm sure you can make this with homemade pizza dough, and I probably will next time, but THIS time, we used frozen bread dough, the Mrs Rhodes brand, or maybe it's just Rhodes brand, where you get three loaves of white bread dough for like $2 or something ridiculous like that! Set it out in the morning and let it thaw and rise during the day...... it basically doubled. Then you roll it out (use lots of flour for sticking, and don't forget to cover it while thawing or spray it with Pam or something. We forgot that :X

Anyway, roll it out into a big rectangle, then cover it with preferred toppings. Prince Charming and I had pepperoni, black olives, and mozzarella cheese. HRH and the Hurricane had just the olives and cheese. Next time we're trying italian sausage, bell peppers, onions, green olives, pepperoni, etc.... the works! Then you roll it up in a big jelly-roll style roll and bake it. We baked it around 350 for like 45-50ish minutes. I also brushed the top with olive oil a little before I baked it. It was SOOOO yummy! The only problem we had is that we had a big bubble in the middle of the roll..... any suggestions for how to prevent that? Inger?

My budding cheftastic geniuses :*)







Also, in hindsight, I'd use WAAAAAAAAY more toppings..... I'd stuff that sucker full of them, lol! But overall, WAY yummy. Major thanks to Lala and Jeff for the idea :) :) :) I'm sure we'll be having this probably weekly from now on.

6 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

You've got to tell Lara to post a picture of her cutie! She has such a funny blog...

Regi S. said...

How darling are they :*) Soften those onions and peppers and add some mozzarella to that sausage bread.

lovingzachandtaylor said...

Hey Juli, try scoring the dough next time. They make rollers with spikes on them, that work great. The ones we use at the pizza shops are plastic. It helps the dough not develop huge bubbles. Hope that helps!!!

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

Oh that looks so yummy!!

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

Air caused the bubble, so like Andrea said, score the dough a bit - you can just a take a fork and poke it all over. I got a recipe the other day, for pizza bianca, and it looks so freaking good, I'm going to have to get the kids to help me make it.

And I bet dinner at your house is yummy ALL the time!!!!

Juli said...

Thanks Andrea and Inger... I'll try that next time. We may make one tonight, if I can remember to set the dough out to thaw, lol.