Sunday, October 26, 2008

What not to wear..... Wings over Houston edition....

So we went to the air show this weekend. Prince Charming has been campaigning to go to this for YEARS now, so we finally went. After my fifth "Why the HECK would someone wear that to an air show!?" the thought struck me that I should take pictures for my adoring public to enjoy. (Ok, ok, so for Lara. And maybe Hayley :) And my loopie buddies :) Not sure anyone else actually reads this.)

Exhibit A:

Not sure you can see clearly, but Miss Thang has on 4 inch espadrille platform wedges with the ribbons that lace up her legs. This was at like 10:00 AM and she was already limping. NOT the smartest thing to wear to an air show.

Exhibit B:


A slinky sundress and heels? REALLY? I mean, REALLY? It's like 90 degrees outside and we're going to walk and sweat and be all stinky in an hour. Everyone else is wearing blue jeans or shorts and t shirts and flip flops. When you were thinking about what to wear this morning, THIS is the outfit that struck you as ideal? Really?

I pondered the ridiculousness (ridiculosity? Ridiculity? Help me here, teachers!) of this for approximately a minute, and THEN I saw the Air Force guy she was "asking questions about the aircraft" to....
Oh, sweetie. You're forgiven :)

And the t-shirts..... My number one was almost a (read dripping with sarcasm) REALLY attractive and cleancut guy who had on a shirt that said "I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a look." I threw up a little in my mouth because of that shirt. I couldn't figure out a way to take his picture of him without him noticing, and I didn't want him to realize he was the object of my attention, so I was bummed. And then I saw this guy (cover the kids' eyes)....
LOVELY. And don't you know she's as proud as she can be of her man? Ick. At a family air show! I swear, some people just shouldn't be allowed to buy their own clothing.

We also went to a family wedding down in Houston and on the way home today I stopped at IKEA for the first time ever, but THAT'S a whole 'nuther post. Maybe tomorrow. ;)

7 comments:

Regi S. said...

LMAO !!!!! Did you even look UP all day??!

Hayley said...

I appreciate your knowing that I'm a loyal reader!

My very own "prince charming" has also wanted to go for YEARS! Once again, we didn't go, but I think it would be fun if only for the people-watching! I just have to say I'm so proud of you for actually TAKING the pictures! I'd be having the party in my head thinking, "Oh, my!" but wouldn't be brave enough to snap the picture!

Check out Liz Jordan's air show experience and the hottie she got to fly with! http://lizjordanksbj.blogspot.com/

*~~*Inger*~~* said...

I would really like to hang out with you for the day sometime. Can be here or there, we have plenty of fashion mishaps as well.
Please talk about your Ikea experience. The last time I was there, a crowd of French people kept encroaching on my personal space in the check out lane. As if crowding me was going to get them out of there faster. @@

CA Girl in 10-OC said...

LOL! Peeps never disappoint do they? That is just too funny!!! I did think that the Gyno shirt was clever though. Reminds me of one of my guy friends in high school who dressed up as a giant tampon (Ex-Dude helped him make it) and he would go up to girls, pretend to stick his head between their legs and say, "I heard it's your time." LOL!!!!

Lara said...

There's nothing like a good fashion faux pas to perk me up. And on exhibit A, forget the lace-up espadrilles. How about the denim prairie skirt? Ugh.

Flo and Grace said...

THAT is funny! You are brave to get a photo....maybe a new line of work for you?

Meg said...

That is so freakin' hilarious! Thanks for the laugh :)